Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Construction Update - Light News Day ... Humph!

Well, I feel like there isn't much to see today. The last two days have been slow as far as updates to the house Here are the photos I thought were noteworthy:

There were switches in many places in the house, but not all:


There were also plugs in various stages, and many were not even installed, but just sitting below the already-wired boxes:


The microwave was mostly installed today:


Light fixtures were installed in all the rooms upstairs:


The shared bathroom upstairs with the light fixture installed:


One thing I noticed was that all the lightbulbs are the compact fluorescent kind, which should save us on electrical bills. Julie doesn't know it yet, but I'm really excited about a product I found that allows us to run solar panels into a regular socket to offset electrical costs during the day. ;-)

That's it for now. I'll post again soon.

-- Sean

1 comment:

Amy said...

like the lights, not stumbling in the dark is underrated.